This post in video form is here :)
dress: c/o Colors of Aurora
Bangle: Colette Accessories
Clutch: Forever New
Lipstick: Ruby Woo by MAC
The first look of this Valentine's Day Lookbook is a rather glamorous and sexy one! This is the look for going out to a fancy dinner or bar with our loved ones. Or even if you're single, this is an eye-catching look to steal the hearts of guys if you're just going out for drinks with friends!
Red is the colour of love and passion, and will definitely be turning heads everywhere you turn especially in a bodycon dress.
I love the cut-out detail on the front, to make modern and interesting. I paired the dress with a simple black clutch and black pumps top, for a black and red colour combination that is both classic and killer.
Peplum top: Anthropologie
White jeans: AX Paris
Silver metallic shoes: Lovely Shoes
Silver clutch: Dorothy Perkins
Red is actually not really my favourite colour...I think it's just too passionate and intense for me! I do however really, really adore pink and this is a great toned-down alternative to bright red! I recently got this brand new peplum top from Anthropologie (may do a haul post later) and I have been wearing it all the time. The pink colour paired with bright white jeans instantly creates an all-over fresh and romantic look, that your partner will definitely love!
Daisy bustier: Lookbookstore
Skater skirt: Ash Lapin
Leather jacket: Gmarket
If you're the kind of girl who likes to be super feminine and flirty, skater skirts and knee-high socks never fail! I've always loved this combination because I find it both innocent and sweet, yet also a little sexy.
I made the skirt the item of focus, with the bright red shade and keeping everything else neutral, and with its voluminous shape and rose applique texture. I wore it together with a bustier from LookBookStore to balance out the silhouette, and also a leather jacket in case it gets cold, or if the bustier makes the outfit too skin-revealing.
Blouse: Love Culture
Lace shorts: ebay
Quilted bag: vintage
Heels: Bon Bon
If you're in a long-term relationship, Valentine's Day can become really not such a big deal...it's just like any other day of the year! And you and your S/O have plenty to celebrate, no matter what day it is :)
So for a casual date or outing, eg. quiet movie date, you might prefer to wear a more casual outfit. This blouse from Love Culture is flowy and understated, when it's worn untucked. The rich berry shade is also a great pop of colour fitting into the theme of Valentine's Day. I also paired it with a small side bag in a classic quilted design,and nude pumps (they have bows on the back!)
I hope you guys liked my outfit ideas for Valentine's Day! The video I uploaded on YouTube for it is here. Work should be easing off for me next week so I should be able to get my next blog post sooner :) Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
I was featured in Independent Fashion Bloggers' Weekly Round up:
Love, Life & The Latest ThingThis week NYFW hit the runways strutting everything we'll be coveting over the next six months, but it's also a time to think about love as Valentine's Day closes out the week. Will you be celebrating? Some will, others will roll their eyes, but either way, it's certainly fun to think about what we'll be wearing.
Links à la Mode: February 13
- 40+ Style: How to Wear Radiant Orchid
- Adored in Armor: Lupita, In Color
- Balsam: Remembering Alexander McQueen
- Beauty and Sass: 8 Beauty Hacks for the Fitness Junkie
- Bell Street: Nine Exercises for People Who Hate Exercising
- Hey Miska: #NYFW 15 Runway Looks I'm Obsessed With
- Hunting in Heels: Alexander Wang: A Man Who Understands Women
- Jolly Caucus Race: Alexander McQueen... 4 Years On, What Have We Learned?
- Metallic Paws: Valentine's Day Outfits
- Miss Monet: Eleanor Lambert, The Founder of Fashion Week
- Miss Sassy Girl: How to Keep Shoes as Good As New
- Nothing 2 Wear Novello: Happy Anti-Valentine's Day
- Simply Frabulous: Target Goes Pop With Peter Piloto
- Style Vanity: Walk-In Closet Ideas on a Budget
- Tangles and Chains: Stylish Heart Shaped Jewelry for Valentine's Day
- The B Team: Junya Wantanbe Patchwork Jeans DIY
- Trend Survivor: Home Decor DIY: Marimekko Textile Painting
- The Glambition: SS14 Hair Trends
- Versatile Journal: Flawsome Love
- We Are Ready Made: What Do We Stand For?